According to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), nearly 20% of flood insurance claims come from moderate to low-risk areas of the country. Floods can be caused by storms, hurricanes and even melting snow. Just a few inches of water can cause major damage to your home .
Shopping centers, office parks and parking lots are taking the place of woods, fields, and other green open spaces. As a result, the land is losing its natural ability to absorb water and floods are becoming more severe.
At Newman Insurance Agency, we want you to have the peace of mind that comes from knowing your home is protected. To determine if flood insurance is right for your situation, contact Newman Insurance Agency at 601-487-6801. Flood coverage must be purchased as a separate policy as flood damage is not covered under homeowner policies. Flood policies cannot be bought at the last minute; a thirty day mandatory waiting period is required. Please don't wait!
Request a Quote or Call us at 601-487-6801 Today!
I Don't Have Flood Insurance--Why Do I Need It?
Facts From the National Insurance Program
- FACT: Floods are the nation’s most common and costly natural disaster and cause millions of dollars in damage every year.
- FACT: Homeowners and renters insurance does not typically cover flood damage.
- FACT: Floods can happen anywhere--More than 20 percent of flood claims come from properties outside the high-risk flood zone.
- FACT: Flood insurance can pay regardless of whether or not there is a Presidential Disaster Declaration.
- FACT: Most federal disaster assistance comes in the form of low-interest disaster loans from U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and you have to pay them back. FEMA offers disaster grants that don't need to be paid back, but this amount is often much less than what is needed to recover. A claim against your flood insurance policy could and often does, provide more funds for recovery than those you could qualify for from FEMA or the SBA--and you don't have to pay it back.
- FACT: You may be required to have flood insurance. Congress has mandated federally regulated or insured lenders to require flood insurance on mortgaged properties that are located in areas at high risk of flooding. But even if your property is not in a high-risk flood area, your mortgage lender may still require you to have flood insurance.